So I have really been trying to eat healthy, work out and so forth. I finally went to the gym this past week for the first time in a long while and actually really enjoyed it. I forget how much I enjoy working out and often have to remind myself.
This week I went to IKEA to get a desk and a few other things. I found the isle that it was in and the bin and took one look at the box that it was in and was a little overwhelmed. I had one of those flat carts but I was all by myself. I looked around to see if anyone was watching and proceeded to try and pick up the box. It was HEAVY! I managed to get it on the cart but not evenly one side was just hanging off so I tried to push it on but the cart would move every time I tried. I got it even enough that that box would stay on the cart (which took about 7 minutes) and wheeled myself to the checkout. That was the first unintentional workout.
To my dismay when I got to the checkout, there was only self checkout available. What has this world come to? Who doesn't have at least one line open with a real checkout person? I was livid at this point. No one was manning the floor to help me get the box, now I have to ring up my purchases myself? In a fit, I got myself all checked out and preceded to the loading zone where I left my cart for a minute to go get my car. I backed up into the spot and the guy manning the loading zone is helping someone else load their items. That’s fine, I will just try to load it myself and then when he is done he will come over and help me. I bend down to pick it up and it seems heavier than before. I manage to pick it up...very awkwardly I must say, and start to slide it into my car. OH NO! Its not going to fit. It was slightly longer than my car was wide and I was REALLY mad. I'm trying to jam and stuff this very large box into my car and I look ridiculous. It was then when I see the loading guy finish with the other customers and look at me and walk back inside. I clearly needed help! Standing there all by myself I figured then that I would have to somehow put the box at a diagonal with one end higher than the other to try and fit it, but every time I got the one side up high enough I would have to close the door and it would slide right back down before the door would shut. After 10 minutes to trying all different ways of putting this box in the car a genius idea popped into my head…a little divine intervention if you may…and thought to myself, I could shut the door and then open the window and maneuver it that way. A few tries later the box was successfully loaded into my car and I drove all the way back to Provo with the windows down. I woke up this morning and my arms were so sore it felt like they were about to fall off. I consider that my upper body workout for the week.

2 comments:
Oh my Jessica! You are hilarious. I'm sorry, IKEA can be so obnoxious! But just for the future, I am only 25 minutes from there WITH a truck. Next time, call me. :) I love you Can't wait to see you in 2 days!
I feel ya girlfriend! You know the huge picture of the red rose I have in my house? I drove to IKEA 4 different times in 4 different cars before the stupid thing fit in any of them! And this is why it is good to have a husband... you go to IKEA, pick out all the pretty stuff, then he loads it and pays for it. It's a perfect plan.
Post a Comment