Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day and Night

I am officially pulling my first All-Nighter. Its 4am and I am up psychoanalyzing myself and writing a paper on none other than me. You would think that it would be easy for me to write about me but surprisingly it is not. This paper is for my personality class and its killing me. I am a good writer...I even got an A in Advanced Writing in the Social Sciences last semester! We had to turn in the first 3rd of the paper a while ago and to my dismay, my graduate student teacher ripped my paper to shreds. He basically called it a terrible paper without those specific words. It was not a great paper but it certainly was not the worst thing I had ever written and now I am terrified that he is going to hate the rest of it. He even marked up stylistic things on my paper. I was angry. I am not a traditional writer and I certainly do not write like I am in 8th grade which I think he is looking for. I have to write for example or a good example of this would be every time I want to give an example. By graduate school you should know that it is an example! If you cannot tell I'm frustrated and just want to go to sleep. Blogging probably isn't going to get my work done any faster but hopefully it will make me feel better. I think it has.

1 comment:

Erika and Darren said...

I want to read your paper when it's done. I think you're a strong writer. Your writing is easy to follow and enjoyable.